Ronald S Pohl
Ronald S. Pohl is the founding partner of the Pohl Law Group. He was the managing partner for 19 years at Rothfeld & Pohl, a boutique firm specializing in trusts and estates.
Previously, he managed the trusts and estates department at Lifshutz & Polland, and practiced trusts and estates, corporate and real estate law at Tannenbaum Dubin & Robinson.
Mr. Pohl's taxation expertise is augmented by his Certified Public Accountant credential.
His achievements have been recognized in various media. His zeal in promoting the undiscovered music of his elderly client Julius Burger-which is now played by orchestras worldwide-was profiled in The New York Times, Parade magazine, and by ABC News with Peter Jennings, which named him "Person of the Week". The book Legal Ethics in the Practice of Law, used in many law schools, features him as an example of an attorney "going the whole nine yards".
Mr. Pohl lectures on trusts and estates at accounting firms and law firms. He received his J.D. cum laude from Brooklyn Law School and a B.S. from Brooklyn College. He is a member of the Trusts and Estates Section of the New York State Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Mr. Pohl is a board member of the Interfaith Committee of Remembrance. A passionate oenophile, he has been inducted into the Commanderie de Bordeaux and other wine societies.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Administration/Litigation/Planning
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant Credential
- New York, 1984
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- Honors: cum laude
- Brooklyn College
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, 2011, 2013-2021
- Person of the Week, ABC News
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Rothfeld & Pohl, Managing Partner
- Lifshutz & Polland
- Tannenbaum Dubin & Robinson
Pro Bono Activities
- Interfaith Committee of Remembrance, Board Member
- Commanderie de Bordeaux